To whom it may concern:

Considering where this happens to be an Elections Year in the United States, there is no doubt going to be much debate in the electoral runup about how best welfare in the States should be "reformed."

And in the conservative mindset, no doubt, their preferred approach is one of what can best be described as "mutual self-help," one designed to "promote a renewed healthy respect for self-reliance and personal responsibility" in the Lower Classes especially.

With that in mind, then, I thought I'd call your Notice and Attention to a couple of essays off a kalediscopic phantasmagoria I have online that may be worth some insight from the American perspective about mutuality as one with welfare reform:

You're welcome to read such, and comment on them at the end of said articles--even if I tend to speak from an American viewpoint more than anything else, and could be something of a Renaissance Man in terms of viewpoint (or am I?).

Thanking you for now, I am

Sincerely,
LARRY ELLIS REED
(Kahuna Accidentale of the Dells and The Fifth Magic Mountain Troll)

the daily phosdex ... your daily online column: A kalediscopic phantasmagoria of weblog, online shopping and FREE webmail.

Do you Yahoo!?