Hi Tim,
Thank You very much for your response/help. I am sorry about the confusion.

The total volumes I have is 32,  I discarded the first volume = ignored scan (for a total of 31).
I have one reference volume and 5 averages of diffusion-weighted scans of 6 directions.

I have 31 bvals and normalized bvecs

after running bedpost_datacheck I got:

$ bedpost_datacheck ~/dtidata
/home/ccortes/dtidata/data
dim1           128
dim2           128
dim3           46
dim4           7
datatype       4
pixdim1        1.8799999952
pixdim2        1.8799999952
pixdim3        2.0000000000
pixdim4        1.0000000000
cal_max        386.5066
cal_min        -386.5184
file_type      NIFTI-1+

/home/ccortes/dtidata/nodif
dim1           128
dim2           128
dim3           46
dim4           1
datatype       4
pixdim1        1.8799999952
pixdim2        1.8799999952
pixdim3        2.0000000000
pixdim4        0.0000000000
cal_max        2000.0000
cal_min        0.0000
glmax          2000
glmin          0
origin1        0
origin2        0
origin3        0
file_type      ANALYZE-7.5

/home/ccortes/dtidata/nodif_brain_mask
dim1           128
dim2           128
dim3           46
dim4           1
datatype       4
pixdim1        1.8799999952
pixdim2        1.8799999952
pixdim3        2.0000000000
pixdim4        1.0000000000
cal_max        1.0000
cal_min        0.0000
file_type      NIFTI-1+

 num lines in /home/ccortes/dtidata/bvals
cat: /home/ccortes/dtidata/bvals: No such file or directory
      0
 num words in /home/ccortes/dtidata/bvals
cat: /home/ccortes/dtidata/bvals: No such file or directory
      0
 num lines in /home/ccortes/dtidata/bvecs
cat: /home/ccortes/dtidata/bvecs: No such file or directory
      0
 num words in /home/ccortes/dtidata/bvecs
cat: /home/ccortes/dtidata/bvecs: No such file or directory
      0
cat: /home/ccortes/dtidata/bvals: No such file or directory
cat: /home/ccortes/dtidata/bvecs: No such file or directory
cat: /home/ccortes/dtidata/bvecs: No such file or directory
Runtime error (func=(main), adr=3): Divide by zero
[: 0: unknown operand
number of elements in bvals is not equal to number of vols in data
[: 7: unknown operand

Any suggestions....please

Carlos

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/23/04 10:18AM >>>
Carlos -

Your report below suggests you have 1 reference volume followed by 6
averages of 6 directions. This would make 1+6x6=37 volumes.
The bvecs/bvcals you attached each have 31 entries, and your next
email says your data contains 32 volumes.

I am not entirely surprised things aren't working too well!!

Rule 1 of FDT is that you need the same number of entries in
the gradient files as in the data.

You can check this using bedpost_datacheck

I don't know exactly what has happened here, but I suspect the
following:

1) You have included the "ignored scan" in your data - if so, remove it.

2) You have only got 5 averages of the diffusion-weighted scans.
Then the number of elements in the bvecs/bvals and the number of
volumes in data are all 31.

3) The bvecs you sent are not normalised. You should normalise them
(make sure all vectors have magnitude=1
(x,y,z)=(x,y,z)/sqrt(x^2+y^2+z^2)  )

Then you should be good to go.

Tim Behrens