Hi,

I'd like to announce the official release of the new version of my
visualisation tool, mri3dX. The download site is:

http://www.aston.ac.uk/lhs/staff/singhkd/mri3dX/

You'll notice that there is more descriptive content about actually using
the program, especially at:

http://www.aston.ac.uk/lhs/staff/singhkd/mri3dX/features.shtml

The new features include:

1) Advanced ROI analysis, including use of Talairach Daemon database
information.

2) Improved (?) user-interface with less windows.

3) Slice zooming.

4) A full Mac OS X version.

5) Guaranteed world peace.

6) Improved scripting capabilities
(http://www.aston.ac.uk/lhs/staff/singhkd/mri3dX/movies.shtml)

7) Benchmarks - so some people can get very excited about optimising their
kernels/graphics cards. Whatever.
(http://www.aston.ac.uk/lhs/staff/singhkd/mri3dX/benchmarks.shtml)

Important Notes
---------------

1. there are some very important laterality issues if you use mri3dX with
SPM2. See:

http://www.aston.ac.uk/lhs/staff/singhkd/mri3dX/notes.shtml#spm2

2. I have being having a *lot* of trouble with the newer versions of Linux
(RedHat 8/9 etc.). In many cases these can be fixed by making sure all your
graphics-card drivers are up to scratch.

Hope it works and you find it useful!

Krish

--
Dr K.D. Singh
Senior Lecturer and Convenor of the Neuroimaging Research Group,