From: Mark Jenkinson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 7:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] flirt problems

Hi,

Are you running this on a linux machine?

There appears to be a problem with FLIRT compiled on Redhat 8 and 9. If

you are getting segmentation faults when running flirt, then download

the non-optimised version from

www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsldownloads/flirt_noopt

<http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsldownloads/flirt_noopt> which, although it

runs slower, should not crash. In the unlikely event that it still

crashes, please post the details on the FSL email list.

To install this version of flirt do the following:

1 - download the file from the website (as flirt_noopt)

2 - mv $FSLDIR/bin/flirt $FSLDIR/bin/flirtopt

3 - mv flirt_noopt $FSLDIR/bin/flirt

4 - chmod a+x $FSLDIR/bin/flirt

You may need an administrator to do the last 3 steps, depending

on whether you have permission to write to $FSLDIR or not.

All the best,

Mark