Hello Steve,

Hm....

If dim[0] = 5, fslview happily displays the first image in 5th dimension.
Do not take me wrong! I do not want you to fix this to "if (dim[0] >4) {
do not know what to do}" even if you consider this as a bug!!! (like AFNI
did) What I would propose is to have a switch to higher indecies of the
5th dimension so that people who store data from several channels in one
file can access it.

The problem is that saving channels in different files creates a
bookkeeping problem of file multiplication.... Is it possible to agree
that the 5th dimension is the channel number? (I would prefer it to be the
4th and the time be the last dimension used, by the way).

What do people do for muti-channel data now? Do they combine the images
into one image and thus not have multi-channel files or they save each
channel in a separate file?

Am I very far from the reality of the real word?

Thanks for your help

Lazar