Dear Andreas,

When I type uname in the cygwin terminal it does return CYGWIN_NT-5.1.

I do however suspect that it might be a cygwin problem. Cygwin released a
new version, however, this version does not work properly and
unfortunately older versions are no longer available. To get round this
problem I used an older version of cygwin that I had burned on CD, but
unfortunately I did not burn the cygwin installer with it so I used the
new installer available online. As far as I know this should not make much
of a difference, but if there's anyone out there with an old cygwin
installer, I would appreciate a copy of it, so that I can at least rule
that possibility out.

Has anyone else recently (after 11th of november, this is when the new
cygwin version came out) tried to install cygwin + FSL? If so, did you
encounter any problems and how did you resolve them?