Hi Scott, thanks for sending the data to test.

This ran fine on my linux box, but required 2.3GB ram to run, due to the
large number of time points and EVs. So it does seem that either you don't
have enough RAM+SWAP or disk space/quota, or more likely, that your linux
flavour has a 2GB limit on process size. Your local admin may be able to
tune your kernel to allow larger processes.

Cheers, Steve.

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Scott Hayes wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm attempting to complete a lower level analysis using a basis set generated from Make_flobs, but the thresholded activation images are not being written. Other processes (MC, Melodic, and Registration) appear to have worked correctly.  When I use the default FLOBS hrfbasisfns.txt file, thresholded activation maps are generated.  I've changed the permissions on the hrfbasisfns.txt file so that they match those of the default FLOBS file (default had a+rw, the hrfbasisfn.txt I generated had a+r), and
> double-checked the file path, but received the same error message.
>
> When I initially encountered the error message (copied below) in the report.log file, I thought it was due to my failure to change the default output type of FSL to ANALYZE (my input images are ANALYZE format).  However, after changing the output format to ANALYZE in fsl.csh,and processing the data again, I received the same error message (and again, everything worked well when the default FLOBS hrfbasisfns.txt was specified). In addition, the output files in the stats directory appear to be in nifti format (e.g., pe15.nii.gz)?
>
> I couldn't attach the output from errorreport, as the file is 64k (listserv
> max=50).  I'm working on a Linux machine, FSL 3.2.
>
> Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
>

> /usr/local/bin/fsl/bin/contrast_mgr -f design.fts stats design.con
> ** ERROR: nifti_image_read(stats/corrections): can't open header file
> ** ERROR: nifti_image_open(stats/corrections): bad header info
> Error: failed to open file stats/corrections
> Error:: FslGetDim: Null pointer passed for FSLIO
> Rendering using zmin=2.3 zmax=8

 Stephen M. Smith  DPhil
 Associate Director, FMRIB and Analysis Research Coordinator

 Oxford University Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain
 John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
 +44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)

 [log in to unmask]  http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve