Yes, I understand that Friend is self employed but assumed that the
teachers, as heads of department, would be employed by the owners of the
schools they work at rather than being self employed themselves. I was
hoping that the schools might be local authority ones rather than privately
owned ones (teachers in LA schools are employed by the local authority
rather than the school they happen to work at).

As employees they are subject to the codes of conduct of their employers
and the use to which they have put the information provided by Friend
should be in breach of those codes - which is where employment law comes
in. If the employers do not take disciplinary action they might,
themselves, be in breach of the Codes of Corporate Governance which they
are required to adhere to. I think (since Maxwell) that this applies both
in the public and private sectors.

Graham

            All user commands can be found at : -