The following advert has appeared in the CILIP daily bulletin and will be in the Guardian, but will not appear in ARC.

APPOINTMENTS
Head of Libraries, Archives and Information Services, Hackney Council Guardian, Society, p18, 20 October http://jobs.guardian.co.uk/browse/general/leisure-and-tourism/vacancy-817646-3.html

The text is as follows:

LONDON BOROUGH OF HACKNEY

COMMUNITY & LEISURE

INSPIRE, INNOVATE AND IMPRESS.

If you’re ready to make a lasting impact on local services and enhance your reputation in the process, Hackney is the ideal setting. Formed in 2003, our Community & Leisure Services Directorate now has a new leadership team who are bringing together three services that share a natural synergy  Libraries, Archives & Information Services, Museums & Cultural Services and Parks & Leisure Services.

This has created a rare opportunity for three strong, dynamic Service Heads to provide professional leadership in these key areas. Joining us at an exciting time, you’ll work closely with the Assistant Director to transform the Division and ‘bed down’ the new structures to enable us to continually improve the quality of our services. If you have significant operational experience and can transform this into strategic leadership, this is your chance to shine.

Head of Libraries, Archives & Information Services

48,978 - 51,525 PA
We have an exciting 5 year development strategy that will greatly improve services delivered through Hackney’s 7 libraries. You will champion the role of the service in broadening opportunities for lifelong learning, customer access to a variety of public services and information. You will maintain the role of Hackney Archives in delivering a first class service with a regional and national reputation.

You’ll continue to build on our success by providing strong management and strategic direction to our libraries and archive services and building strong local, regional and national partnerships that help facilitate sustainable development.

 Ref: CLSCS/15/IB

The closing date for receipt of completed applications: 5pm, 17th November 2004.

[This is one of three service heads posts being advertised, hence the reference in the plural in the text that concludes the advert]

These challenging but rewarding positions call for a degree level education, a relevant professional qualification and an impressive track record of delivering high quality services, ideally in the public sector. Your experience as a senior manager within a large organisation will have equipped you with outstanding people management and strategic thinking ability and strong budgetary control skills.

An inspirational leader and an effective communicator, you’ll demonstrate a good understanding of the needs of communities in a deprived inner city area

London Borough of Hackney may exercise its right to intercept any communication on its networks - for more information see
http://www.hackney.gov.uk/email_disclaimer.html