Following my posting asking for advice on equipment, you have all been
exceptionally helpful- as usual. I have been asked by many to post my findings
because I seem to have struck a topic which is of wide interest.
The site which offers the most help is www.ohs.org.uk and is the site of the
Oral History Society. They recommend how you go about interviewing, what type of
equipment is preferred for recording and what type of software is recommended
for archiving. The Imperial War Museum, who have over 20,000 recordings use a
Marantz system which is quite expensive at £600-700 but you only need to use
this if you require your recordings to be of broadcast standard. They did
however recommend the use of two microphones which require separate feeds. I
will probably opt for a standard mini disc recorder with two mikes and save the
recordings onto gold CD's. Hope that helps and I hope you have as much pleasure
from interviews as I do. Jacqui Barnett, Dixons Group plc

This e-mail has been sent from a PC belonging to DSG Retail Limited or another company in the Dixons Group, registered office Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP2 7TG.  Its contents are confidential to the sender and the intended recipient.

If you receive it in error, please tell us by return and then delete it from your system;  you may not rely on its contents nor copy/disclose it to anyone.

Opinions, conclusions and statements of intent in this e-mail are those of the sender and will not bind a Dixons Group company unless confirmed by an authorised representative independently of this message.  We do not accept responsibility for viruses;  you must scan for these.

Please note that e-mails sent to and from the Dixons Group are routinely monitored for record keeping, quality control and training purposes, to ensure regulatory compliance and to prevent viruses and unauthorised use of our computer systems.