The following job advert is posted on behalf of the National Museums of
Scotland, Edinburgh.  Please note that the closing date for applications has
been extended to 7 May.

Laura Mitchell

National Archives of Scotland

Records Manager
25k - 30k per annum (fixed term, one year contract or secondment)
Closing date: 7 May 2004

The National Museums of Scotland aims to be a world class museums service
which educates, informs and inspires. Over the past year, under the
leadership of a new Director, we have been redefining our vision and
priorities and begun reshaping ourselves as an organisation and how we
operate. We intend to enhance our services to the public, improve the
quality of our museum sites, find new ways to make our collections publicly
accessible and attract a larger and broader audience.

This important temporary new post will be responsible for formulating and
implementing the appropriate measures to ensure we are compliant with the
Code of Practice on Records Management and all relevant legislation, by 1
January 2005. More specifically, you will liaise with Departments, providing
training and support where necessary, to ensure that records management
practice is coordinated and consistently implemented across NMS.

A postgraduate qualification in archive administration and/or records
management, coupled with at least three years' experience in this field, is
essential, as is a demonstrable awareness of the latest developments,
including implications of Freedom of Information and Data Protection
legislation. Knowledge of electronic records/document/file management
systems is also required. You must have excellent communication skills and
the ability to work at all levels of the organisation. A one year secondment
from an existing employer will also be considered for this post.
Ref NMS04/19

Further information and an application pack may be obtained by telephoning
0131 247 4094 (answerphone) or by sending an email to
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] Please state clearly
the post you are applying for and quote the relevant reference number.

An Equal Opportunities Employer

http://www.star.net.uk