Dear All,

This question is partly insurance related. I have collections which are on
loan to the Archive, some of which were accessioned during the Archives
early years, without clearly defined loan agreements. Apart from providing
free storage, cataloguing and access to papers which may later be withdrawn
this makes spending money on conservation problematic.

In addition to the above problems, my question is to what extent will an
Archive be liable for any loss or damage for such on loan collections? How
have other repositories dealt with the risks of looking after such
collections?

With Many Thanks,

Debbie Usher, Archivist
Middle East Centre Archive