Update: I think the error message below maps to "The --vo <VO> option is
now mandatory".  Once I include the --vo lhcb option, I get a different
error message:

[stokes@lcgui01 stokes]$ edg-job-submit --vo lhcb hello.jdl

**** Error: API_NATIVE_ERROR ****
Error while calling the "NSClient::multi" native api
IOException: Unable to connect to remote (lcgrb01.gridpp.rl.ac.uk:7772)

**** Error: UI_NO_NS_CONTACT ****
Unable to contact any Network Server

Maybe this error message maps to "LCG Current unaccessible for unknown
reason -- try again later"?  That might be too cynical -- maybe the
reason is that the UI is unable to contact the Network Server, whatever
that is, or the earlier message which looks like (thanks to the "rb"
hidden in the hostname) the Resource Broker is down.

TIA,

Ian.