Guys,
NICE guidelines came out in June aimed at controlling preop testing. Apart from the fact that they are paper based and NICE have run out of copies and alledgedly won't be pre-printing because you can get them as an unusable PDF  (is this an advance towards a paperless world or jut plain madness - answers on a postcard to ...) this should be a good thing.
To cut it short I've set up an interactive  web site for them and would like comments.

http://elipse.redirectme.net/PreopNICE/

As an aside - there is absolutely NO logic to what they have done - I defy anyone to do this using a rules-base. If NPfIT end up like this as a result of committee design Lord help us.

Rick

Dr Rick Jones
Clinical Biochemistry & Immunology
Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust