One of English Heritage's Archaeological Investigation Teams based at York
is just starting an investigation at Dunstanburgh Castle in Northumberland,
once one of the grandest castles in northern England.  We think it's going
to be an interesting project, looking not only at the setting of the castle
itself but also the surrounding landscape to chase after the elusive
evidence for earlier sites (a possible hillfort, for example) right up to
recent World War II installations.  You can follow our progress day by day
through a live web-diary, which you can get to by clicking on the following
hotlink:

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/default.asp?wci=MainFrame&URL1=http%3A//w
ww.english-heritage.org.uk/default.asp%3Fwci%3DNode%26wce%3D8075