Thanks for the additional info, John and Frank.

When doing repeated tests, ie extensions, I only made
her do 5 repetitions, as the pain increased, after the
second rep, and continued increasing after each
repetition.  I do not know whether I should push this
further.  I guess being somewhat cautious given the
x-ray diagnosis.
As for lumbar stabilization, my knowledge is maybe
somewhat limited.  I started with recruiting,
transverse abdominus, in supine, for teaching and
awareness of the patient.  This followed by being able
to recruit in sitting and standing.  Also doing
alternate leg lifts, in supine while contracting
transverse and maintaining a neutral spine.
Teaching multifidi, first in sidelying, or in prone.
Sidelying during this case.  Have followed that by
going on all 4s, concracting transverse, then
simultaneously lifting the arm and alternate leg,
maintaining neutral spine.  In this case I am not
allowing full leg extension.
Should I be adding anything to this regime....
Was thinking of adding some ball exercise when I am
confident in her recruitment of lumbar stabilizers.

Nabil

 --- Frank Conijn <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > John,