The topic of churches, and the merits (or otherwise) of moving or demolishing them to make way for airport expansions, was recently discussed on this list.

The Council for Care of Churches has very kindly allowed me to add their response to the government's aviation consultation to our airports webpages. Their response provides a much more information about the potential impacts on our ecclesiastical heritage and includes the full Listing descriptions of all of the churches which could be affected.

You can access the document at: http://www.britarch.ac.uk/conserve/airports/responses.html

Many thanks

Alex
Alex Hunt
Research and Conservation Officer,
Council for British Archaeology,
Bowes Morrell House,
111 Walmgate,
York,
YO1 9WA

Tel: 01904 671417
Fax: 01904 671384
Web: http://www.britarch.ac.uk

** Celebrate National Archaeology Days 2003
on 19th & 20th July: http://www.britarch.ac.uk/nads/ **