From: "Mark Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 12:58 PM
Subject: Japanese Knotweed

> Dear All,
>
> One of our sites has had Japanese Knotweed identified on it. We have
> contacted DEFRA, The Environment Agency, The Local Authority and English
> Heritage but nobody seems to know how to deal with the problem and
certainly
> not from an archaeological perspective. It is in an archaeologically
> sensitive area and an area scheduled for development in the very near
> future. It is my understanding the only way to deal with the Knotweed is
> dig a very big hole and indeed would be an offence under the 1981
> Countryside act not to.
>
> If anyone one has had a similar problem I would be very grateful if they
> could contact me.
>
> Mark Williams
> Project Manager
> Lindsey Archaeological Services
> 01522 544554

> Express yourself with cool emoticons - download MSN Messenger today!
> http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

Network Archaeology Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales,
Company No. 3209846

28 West Parade, Lincoln, LN1 1JT
t  +44 (0)1522 532621
f  +44 (0)1522 532631

22 High Street, Buckingham. MK18 1NU
t  +44 (0)1280 816174
f  +44 (0)1280 816175

13 Anglesea Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
t  +353 (0)1633 4497
f  +353 (0)1633 4497

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential.  It is for the intended recipient only.  If you have received the email in error please notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, print, copy, distribute or rely on this email.  Any views expressed by an individual within this email which do not constitute or record professional advice relating to the business of Network Archaeology Ltd., do not necessarily reflect the views of the company.

This email and all attachments have been scanned for viruses