Sometimes I just despair ...

on 7th July I and Chris Tabraham of Historic Scotland gave a report to the
Evening News in Edinburgh about our discovery of an Anglian (hopefully)
Church and Village site --- somewhere in East Lothian ---- Ok so the article
got most of the facts a bit wrong ... BUT

As I was researching some other villages on the internet I decided to try
Whittingehame ... gues what the first site to appear on Google was?   Give
up?   http://www.ukdetectornet.co.uk/article.php?article_id=119

Yes ... UKDetectorNet is basically reminding people where to go to dig up
pretty things!

I looked through the site and of course it tells people to behave within the
law and be careful about Scheduled Sites .. but come on ... why is this news
article reproduced on UK DetectorNet if it is not to alert people to a new
and untouched Metal Detecting Opportunity?

I would cry if this site is raided prior to careful examination ... I was in
2 minds about Detectorists  now I am convinced that it is a destructive
hobby for sad men .... I have yet to see 1 female detectorists..

What I feel about them now can not be printed ... and there was me thinking
that BAJR could aid detectorists to join with archaeologists and preserve
our past.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

David Connolly