kevin wooldridge wrote:
> --- Leigh Driver <[log in to unmask]> wrote: if we
> cannot prove anything
>> then it will be torn down and replaced with a
> modern one.
>
> I don't know anything about Brandon (although I
> do live in Suffolk), but doesn't the process
> described by Leigh strike anyone else as a bit
> rum?
>
> Surely the planners from Suffolk County Council
> and/or their archaeological advisors ought to be
> involved in this affair somewhere, rather than
> leaving it solely to keen local historians?

I doubt it.  Brandon has a parish council.  The district council is Forest
Heath.  I very much doubt that they have a Conservation Officer, and if it
isn't in a conservation area there isn't much they would worry about.  And
if there isn't anything on the SMR, why would the County get involved?

John Briggs