Paul Barford <[log in to unmask]> wrote (in <006501c34e00$60ab2020$270
863d9@Standard>) about 'Is this the new forum for detecting, cause I
don't wish to part of it, nor should you?', on Sat, 19 Jul 2003:

>Indeed, membership of the
>Britarch list will surely help detectorists to see the point of view of
>the different facets of the British archaeological community on these
>and other aspects, and enlighten them on where some of us would make the
>differentiation between what we (aim to) do and the mere searching for
>and  accumulation of various bits of old corroded metal.

Quite so. In reality, I don't think we have seen a single message from
an acknowledged MD user during this discussion (apart from
archaeologists who use MD as one of many technological aids).
http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!