Dear All,

One of our sites has had Japanese Knotweed identified on it. We have
contacted DEFRA, The Environment Agency, The Local Authority and English
Heritage but nobody seems to know how to deal with the problem and certainly
not from an archaeological perspective. It is in an archaeologically
sensitive area and an area scheduled for development in the very near
future. It is my understanding the only way to deal with the Knotweed is to
dig a very big hole and indeed would be an offence under the 1981
Countryside act not to.

If anyone one has had a similar problem I would be very grateful if they
could contact me.

Mark Williams
Project Manager
Lindsey Archaeological Services