Paul Barford <[log in to unmask]> wrote (in <000201c34abe$73167880$ea0
863d9@Standard>) about 'Archaeology and Ruins', on Tue, 15 Jul 2003:
...quoting an eminent Polish archaeologist:

>How to find the balance
>between research and popular presentation is again a serious and mostly
>unsolved problem".

It probably seems simplistic, but in preparing a site for public
display, is it not possible to restore or reconstruct part of it (maybe
that where the archaeology is less interesting and/or prolific)
'romantically' and treat another part 'realistically' (with or without
the smells)? It seems to me that this is a practical route to the
necessary 'balance'. The increased diversity of the presentation might
well attract more paying guests, too, which must be a good thing.
http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!