of interest to britarch subscribers, at
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/fish.html
There is also a web-site for FISH, the Forum on Information Standards in
Heritage, at www.fish-forum.info

One particular approach that discussion there should be focussing on in the
next few weeks is the use of XML (eXtensible Markup Language - an evolution
of the HTML that is used for websites) as a format for exchange of
structured information between a variety of different software and
information structures.

Edmund Lee
Data Standards Supervisor
Data Standards Unit