-----Original Message-----
From: Accident and Emergency Academic List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Cosson, Philip
Sent: 07 July 2003 11:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: NICE Head Injury Guidance

Two things you might be interested in (please ignore if I'm butting in)

I'm sure most radiology directorates have already grasped the nettle of
teleradiology - Most systems are web-based and require quite low bandwidth,
as CT scan slices are 512k to 1mB in size and a head scan is about 12 slices
in total. Varoius compression techniques can take these raw data figures
down even lower. Single ISDN and broadband are certainly capable of
delivering a service (perhaps not "instant").

Another tack being taken is the postgraduate education of Radiographers.
Certainly University of Derby and others have Post Grad Certs and Diplomas
in CT head reporting up and running.

Regards

Philip Cosson (Radiographer)
Senior Lecturer