From: Catherine Stallybrass [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 10:57 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Vanishing Churches

In a message dated 09/05/2003 10:42:01 GMT Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

>  read this morning in 'The Times' that the OS is intending to remove
places
> of worship from their maps that are no longer used for religious worship.
>
> If this is so do they also intend to remove all known 'religious/ritual
> monuments' that are no longer used for such purposes?

My understanding was it's even worse than that - they propose to remove all
places of worship, current or otherwise, whose builders were not condiderate
enought to provide them with a tower, spire, dome or minaret!  Oh yes, and
parish boundaries will have to go to make room for "Right to Roam" areas.
I'm stocking up with current maps now - come to think of it maybe that's
what
this is all about, a cunning marketing ploy to induce panic buying :-)

cheers

Catherine