LOM currently uses the rdf:value approach, but we're considering moving
to using rdf datatypes for most cases, mostly because they are simply
much more easy to manage, while no information gets lost. It makes it
possible to avoid using two different graph layouts in differenct uses
of the same property, which is *very* helpful.

It's currently not clear what DC is going to do, however, so we don't
know how to be compatible :-(

I am supposing that DC will move to using rdf datatypes for encoding
schemes in the "long" run, though.

/Mikael

--
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose