On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 09:28:48AM +0000, Dave Beckett wrote:
> > It's currently not clear what DC is going to do, however, so we don't
> > know how to be compatible :-(
> >
> > I am supposing that DC will move to using rdf datatypes for encoding
> > schemes in the "long" run, though.
>
> With DC Arch membership hat now.  The DCMI is considering what to do
> about this.  At the DC Architecture group meeting at DC2002 in
> Florence, the people in the room had consensus that RDF datatypes
> were likely appropriate for encoding schemes - or at least some of
> them.  I think those present in Florence who also email here, who
> expressed an opinion or concurred included: Tom Baker, Dan Brickley,
> Rachel Heery, Pete Johnston(?), Eric Miller, Andy Powell, Harry
> Wagner as well as myself.
>
> Some notes on the event from the SWAD Europe side are at
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/reports/initial_workshop_report/Overview.html

I recently posted some notes from the Florence meeting (and its
followup) at
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0303&L=dc-architecture&T=0&O=A&P=746

Tom

--
Dr. Thomas Baker                                [log in to unmask]
Institutszentrum Schloss Birlinghoven         mobile +49-160-9664-2129