On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 08:15:45AM -0500, Harry Wagner wrote:
> > It seems like "dc:title dc:relation http://...#recommended"
> > would work as a stopgap measure, though it is awfully vague.
> > Perhaps members of this list have a better suggestion?
>
> Being able to provide term status in the registry would be nice, but is not
> required.  I would prefer to see 'hasStatus' added as a refinement to
> dc:relation than to define it as a generic relation, or as a term in the dcu
> (?) schema.  Is this something the UB will consider?  Also, can you
> elaborate on what the dcu schema is and what it will define?  Thanks.

Harry,

At present, the putative RDF schema for dcu: is an aspect
of a strawman I am developing for discussion at the Usage
Board meeting in June.  According to the strawman, the schema
would declare

   for Status:            dcu:status
   for Qualifies:         dcu:qualifies
   for Decision:          dcu:decision
   for Version:           dcu:version

The nitty-gritty of Usage-Board-specific terms need not concern
this list.  However, it would be very helpful to hear arguments
for or against declaring Usage-Board-specific terms (such as
the above) as opposed to using existing terms from DC or RDF
(as Harry advocates) -- even in cases where existing terms
may be defined quite broadly or generically.

Tom

---

Title:       Usage Board Application Profile (draft)
Creator:     Tom Baker