Apologies, all - I meant *1965*. *1065* was somewhat misleading!!

:(

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of M. Paul
Bryant-Quinn
Sent: 28 February 2003 15:06
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [M-R] Semitic gospels (was "meaning of feet")

While accepting that this thread is not specifically pertinent to
medievalists, it does seem to have aroused the interest of some
contributors. For a useful starting-point bibliography of works which have
appeared since 1065 that discuss the Aramaic language and the Gospels/Acts,
see Craig Evans' introduction to the 3rd edition of Matthew Black's *An
Aramaic Approach to the Gospels and Acts* (Mass., 1998), pp. v–xxv (Evans'
introduction is also a good critique of earlier approaches to this subject).
If someone has already mentioned this study, please accept apologies.

Regards,

Paul