> Today (3. February) is the feast day of:>
>
> Margaret of England (d. 1192)  Margaret, who was either English or half
> Hungarian and half English, took her mother on pilgrimage to the Holy
Land,
> where both lived an ascetic life.

    This looks like a confusion with the more historically verifiable St
Margaret, Queen of Scotland (1045-1093) wife of Malcolm III Canmore (he who
slew Macbeth) and daughter of Edmund Ironside heir of King / Saint Edward
the confessor and Agatha his Hungarian (or German) wife.  I think there is
also a Saint Margaret of Hungary to add to the confusion.

Brenda M C

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]