Check your table (menu)  - structure - projection, and set it to
national grid.

Please note from 19th January 2003
My E-mail Address will be
Thank you
David Evans
Historic Environment Record
01454 863649

>>> [log in to unmask] 07/02/2003 09:24:43 >>>
Dear all,

I registered a scanned part of a tithe map yesterday in MapInfo and got
reasonable match with landline but when I clicked 'okay', the whole of
my
GIS reoriented itself so that north was actually north-east.  Not
hugely
useful.  Any thoughts?

Bob

The views and comments expressed in this email are confidential to the
recipients
and should not be passed on to others without permission.  This email
message does
not necessarily express the views of Bath & North East Somerset Council
and should
be considered personal unless there is a specific statement to the
contrary.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for all
known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service.

Making Bath & North East Somerset a better place to Live, Work and
Visit.

This email and any files transmitted with it from South
Gloucestershire Council are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the South Gloucestershire Council
Postmaster at the address below.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has
been swept for the presence of computer viruses.