-----Original Message-----
From: Archaeological theory and associated fields of interest list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dan Hicks
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 18:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: archaeologists and war

Further to Peter's comments, colleagues may not have seen the short
statement on "WAC and WAR", and the proposal of a Conference Theme on War,
recently posted on the WAC website by the organising committee - online at
http://wwwehlt.flinders.edu.au/wac5/

My involvement with WAC 5 is simply as a session co-organiser. But as
someone opposed to the war (and also as someone with interests in the
archaeology of colonialism), I do hope that these issues will be explored in
many of the themes at WAC: especially as the conference is to be held in
Washington DC.

Dan Hicks
Dr Dan Hicks MA (Oxon) AIFA PhD
Teaching Fellow
Department of Archaeology, University of Bristol,
43 Woodland Road, Clifton, BRISTOL. BS8 1UU. UK
tel 44 117 331 1188
fax 44 117 954 6001
email [log in to unmask]
web http://www.bris.ac.uk/Depts/Archaeology/staff/danhicks.html