From: News and discussion about computer simulation in the social sciences [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Keming Yang
Sent: 12 November 2003 07:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Simulation and Explanation

That's exactly what has been bothering me for a while -- there is a big gap between simulation tools and explanatory power for social phenomena.  I haven't found any excellent examples of sociological explanation using computer simulation.  Please, tell us if you know any.  But on the other hand, isn't this an opportunity for us to make contributions?

Keming Yang

Department of Sociology

University of Reading

UK