From: Douglas Clark [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 22 April 2003 10:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Alsop REview

I thought I would read Frank in the quiet of the morning while America
is asleep but getting through to the Alsop Review is hopeless. A lesson
to webmasters..dont clutter up with fancy effects..it is the text that
matters.

I just finished the Isabel Colegate and will now re-scan the Heidegger.
I remember the guts of the book as being Heideggers view of the 'work of
art' which seemingly displayed him as a crank.

And a sensational email from an 80-year-old very very distant relative
in the US this morning explaining that our branch of my mother's
Pettigrew family in SCotland were in fact "commoners" who were in the
same category as slaves in the American South belonging to the land and
taking their surname from the landowner Pettigrew. He has used a DNA
analysis to posit this theory and I am impressed. Some day I will write
it all down as poems, I hope.

Douglas Clark, Bath, Somerset, England ....
Lynx: Poetry from Bath ......
 ...  http://www.dgdclynx.plus.com/lynx.html