Anny, you have been given bad advice in my opinion

| > and i want to see the sun
| > every morning through my windows
| > and the smell of the breeze moving each crispy petal
| > of the flowers i've planted around the pond
| >
| > and follow the slow movement of the moon
| > in its long trip through the stars
| > let it slide in the dark in all its forms
| > and listen to the jumping water of creeks
| >

|  and the verb in the first line of that stanza should be in the
| infinitive, "to follow."  Otherwise, a charming poem.

*Should? Oh dear.

It *is in the infinitive, without its "to", the "to" understood from the
"to" of "to see", as well as having a degree of the imperative, see below,
and quite a bit that's indefinable

as *I read it, and I shan't say anyone "should", the person in the poem is
getting taken up by the uttered experience - so that he / she doesn't say
"to smell" but rather the exclamatory "and the smell" - and *that _the_ can
be taken partly as demonstrative which brings in the implied presence of
another; so that "and follow" becomes both a colloquial slurring of "to
follow" and an imperative to that other, whomaybe the i of the poem
objectified by that i

I think "and follow" is fine