Which reminds me of the muse's other function--as a name given to the
outside that it sometimes feels like the poem comes from.

The muse had nothing to do with that last sentence.

So the muse as something like Cocteau's radio or Dorn's literate projector.

Which again is very different from the romantic muse (or the object, for
surrealists, of l'amour fou) about which Alison argues.

Mark