Dear Colleagues
I hope all is well. I would like to formally invite you all to a one day event entitled 'Developing Mental Health Economics and Policy in a Global Context', held at the London School of Economics, in association with colleagues at the Institute of Psychiatry on Friday 30th May 2003. The event has received some financial assistance from the UK Department for International Development. The emphasis in this meeting is particularly on the situation in low low and middle income countries, but also to some extent for CEE/CIS countries and others in transition. Participants who have already confirmed come from a wide range of countries, professions and disciplinary backgrounds. The purpose of the day is to discuss evidence, concepts and approaches that can help policy and practice development in the mental health field.
The day includes contributions from Harvey Whiteford, University of Queensland, Rachel Jenkins, WHO Collaborating Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, Daniel Chisholm, World Health Organisation, Martin Knapp from the LSE as well as from participants from low and middle income countries working in the field of mental health. Norman Sartorius will chair the day. Group work sessions and an interactive demonstrations of a web based system providing detailed information on mental health in a number of countries across the globe are also included.
Attendance at the event is free, but places are strictly limited. Please RSVP to me as soon as possible if you wish to reserve a place for the day; further information and updates will then be sent to you by e-mail.
Best wishes
David
David McDaid
Research Fellow
LSE Health and Social Care and European Observatory on Health Care Systems
London School of Economics
Houghton Street
London
WC2A 2AE