Dear Judy,

My reading of the paragraph was that students either have to undertake the
final assessment for the module, or have been able to pass the module
without taking the final assessment (cf paragraph 16: "We have changed the
definition with effect from 2003-04 to recognise that some students may
choose not to undergo final assessment on the basis that they have already
met the academic criteria to pass the module").

This reading would make a little more sense of the non-completion of
module=non-completion of programme scenario.

Regards,

Ali Hartrey
Assistant Registrar
Head of Registry Systems

Tel:    020 7074 5085
Fax:    020 7074 5089
Email:[log in to unmask]
Postal Address:         Visiting Address:
SOAS                            SOAS
University of London    Room V101
Thornhaugh Street               Vernon Square
Russell Square          Penton Rise
LONDON  WC1H 0XG                LONDON  WC1X 9EL