I am really interested in Peter Marshall's query, especially in the light of a new theme that the National Reading Campaign is exploring.  Called Telling Tales - stories across cultures and generations, the idea behind this is to encourage people of all ages and abilities to share their stories through different media ranging from dual language publications to storysacks, storytapes and multi-media formats.  We are currently gathering information about work of this kind (see http://readon.org.uk/tellingtales.html) and would be really interested to hear from libraries who have done/are doing work in this area.  Many thanks

Genevieve Clarke
Manager, National Reading Campaign

Do you know any Reading Champions?
Take a look at