CHIQ's forthcoming conference.

CHIQ 2003: Improving the Quality of Patient Information: Responding to the
Bristol Inquiry

Thursday, 23 January, 1 Great George Street, Westminster, London

Speakers include: The Rt Hon Baroness Jay, Steve Parker, Chair of the
Bristol Heart Children Action Group and Harry Cayton, Director of Patient
and Public Involvement at the Department of Health

In this exciting programme, we will be considering the key challenges facing
communicators of health information, following the Bristol Royal Infirmary
Inquiry.  We will learn about key national initiatives which support these
issues, including:

*       National resources: NHS Digital TV and the National Knowledge
Service
*       For those affected by cancer: The national Coalition for Cancer
Information
*       For face-to-face information: The role of Patient Advice and Liaison
Services (PALS)
*       Monitoring NHS information services: The role of CHI
*       Tools for producers of patient information: NHS guidelines and
templates

Key themes throughout the day will be accreditation for information services
and the importance of developing and maintaining partnerships.

The conference will be chaired by VIv Speller, Director of Public Health
Development, the Health Development Agency.

Full details are available from our conference organisers' website, at:

http://www.healthcare-events.co.uk/conferences/confdisplay.asp?id=119

Hope to see you there.

Tom Hain
Manager, CHIQ

The Centre for Health Information Quality (CHIQ)
The Help for Health Trust
Highcroft
Romsey Road
Winchester
SO22 5DH
Tel +44 (0) 1962 872264
Fax +44 (0) 1962 849079
E-mail [log in to unmask]
www.hfht.org/chiq

The Help for Health Trust is a Registered Charity, no. 1001647.
A Company limited by guarantee.  Registered in England, no. 2572617