Hi Folks

The only comments I have are the following.

Pre-1974 boundaries make life difficult for counties which have been sufficiently mucked about since then (such as ourselves) with the addition of inconvenient National Parks (joking!), and the creation of Unitary Authorities, and the fact that we amalgamated bits of the different ridings into North Yorkshire. This is not insurmountable ( we could map the data and filter out using modern boundaries), but this may miss out data which doesn't have accurate grid references. Whilst I don't wish to moan about this, as we would be happy to get the data, this is something that Martin/DSU needs to bear in mind for this project, and possibly other projects of this type (hopefully this is the first of many projects where national datasets are universally made available to SMR's.....)

Spinning off from this, the issue about the accuracy of the NGR's begs the question of how the Inventory was compiled - was this desk based research or did it involve site visits of any sort?

all the best

Nick Boldrini
SMR Computing Officer
Heritage Unit
North Yorkshire County Council
Direct Dial (01609) 532331

North Yorkshire County Council has the right
and does inspect E-Government mails sent
from and to its computer system.

WARNING

This E-mail and any attachments may contain information that is confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Any opinions expressed are those of the author and not necessarily the view of the Council.

North Yorkshire County Council.

The average family throws out six trees worth of paper a year - respect the environment and be green by example; only print out this email and/or attachments if you have to.

Thank You.