From: Stuart Cakebread [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 29 November 2002 11:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Exegesis Field Query

Hi Crispin,

We have received an email from Wessex Archaeology about some entries in our
MonPS table.  I've always assumed that they were left over from some
you throw any light on this?  The email from Wessex is below.

Regards,

Stuart

Stuart Cakebread

Sites and Monuments Record Officer
Kent County Council
Invicta House
County Hall
Maidstone
Kent
ME14 1XX
01622 221541

Paul,
I'm doing some work on the Wessex end of your SMR, and I've a question about
some of the entries in the "MonPS" table, in the "Qualifier" field. There
are 4 items inthe drop down list - Approximate, Estimated from sources, GPS
derived and Surveyed. There are then a load of letters that are not in the
drop down list, and have no explanation. Mark doesn't recognise most of
them, so I was wondering if you could shed some light on them. The ones I am
interested in are:

FCE - is this "fine centred"?
GCE -
KNT
LIN
LO
NBM
NLO - is this "named location"?
PA - is this "position approx"? and is this different from the Approximate
in the drop down list?

Thanks for your help,
Hanna

Hanna Steyne