-----Original Message-----
From: Accident and Emergency Academic List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John Ryan
Sent: 12 October 2002 12:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Anticagulation and Head injuries

I am aware the list has discussed this topic recently but I would like
add a new slant.

Views on how to manage a young man with a head injury and headache
following
a fall from his bicycle....  CT shows temporal contusion.  This chap is
on
warfairn follwing his aortic valve replacement on a background of
Marfan's
Syndrome.

The question is to reverse anticoagulation (INR 3.5) or not ?

Dr John Ryan