Dear Melanie,

re. possible sources for your 'impiccati veneti', try the following:

Guido Ruggiero, Violence in early Renaissance Venice (New Brunswick, N.J:
Rutgers University Press, 1980)

Guido Ruggiero, The boundaries of eros: sex crime and sexuality in
Renaissance Venice (New York: Oxford University Press, 1985)

Robert C. Davis, The war of the fists: popular culture and public violence
in late Renaissance Venice (New York and Oxford: Oxford University Press,
1994

I'm sure there are other sources, but these might provide a starting point
for you.

All the best,
Domenico.

Dr Domenico Zanrč