My point is that to summarise a short paper is in essence to emasculate it,
in that every word that is there is a part of the message and to shorten it
fails to make the point.

It is like passing exams by memorising key notes only, you miss out so much.

Academic natural selection therefore favours those who have aquired the
ability to play a social game and tailor there output to what they expect to
get from it.

It is like the days when Latin was the universal scholarly language, and
that no-one who culd not speak latin would be capable of presenting a
scholarly argument, because no-one would listen to it.

Larry

are now located at: