Apologies for cross posting.

Our first AGM will take place on Saturday, 28th September 2002 at the
Friends' Meeting House, Mount Street, Manchester M2 5NS between 2:30 and
4:30pm.
During the event we will be offering memberships, which will include a copy
of the first issue of our magazine, and it is hoped that there will be one
if not more speakers.

Afterwards there will be a Coming of the Railways guided tour of The Museum
of Science and Industry at a cost of 2 per head, as well as a look at The
Midland Hotel and The G-Mex - both of which were originally railway
buildings.

Anyone wishing to come, please do let me know at either my home e-mail
address or the Society's new e-mail address - [log in to unmask] - and
state if you are interested in going on the Coming of the Railways tour.

If you require other information, such as travel info, please also enquire
at one of these two e-mails.

Sincerely

Brian Longstaff
RAS