The Basel Institute for Clinical Epidemiology, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland is seeking a

Biostatistician (80-100%)

The applicant should have a MSc or Ph.D. degree in Statistics or Mathematics and experience in applying statistics in life sciences. You should have several years' postgraduate experience using SAS or Stata. You should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to explain complicated statistical issues to non-statisticians. The applicant should have an interest in consulting with clinicians at our hospital and in occasional teaching activities. Fluency in German is not a must, but applicants should understand German and should be motivated to improve their German language skills.

The biostatistician should provide statistical input in planning and carrying out clinical trials, analyse data from large cohort studies and advise clinicians at our hospital on statistical and methodological issues.

Their main responsibilities are to:
· Analyse and interpret data from cohort studies (Swiss HIV Cohort Study)
  and clinical trials (mainly phase III and IV);
· Provide statistical input in protocol development for clinical trials and for
   observational clinical studies at our unit;
· Provide input in data management processes;
· Advise clinicians at the university hospital in statistical and methodological
  issues.

Their key relationships are with:

· Staff of the Institute, in particular the Director;
· Project leaders from hospital-based projects;
· Other biostatisticians within the university and within the Swiss HIV Cohort
  Study.

For more details about the Institute and its research activities, please visit our website (www.bice.ch). Informal enquiries or applications (include CV and contact details for three referees) to:

Heiner C. Bucher MD
Director
Basel Institute for Clinical Epidemiology
University Hospital Basel
Kantonsspital Basel
CH-4031 Basel
Tel 0041-61-265 31 00