Not totally on the point - but Anne O'Connor's Child Murderers and the Dead
Child Tradition records the Irish tradition of the 'hungry grass' which
grows on the unmarked graves of unbaptised children and causes starvation
if trodden on.

Maddy

Dr Madeleine Gray, in the foothills of God's golden county of Gwent
(Department of Humanities and Science
UWCN Caerleon Campus
PO Box 179
Newport NP18 3YG
Tel: +44 (0)1633.432675
http://scarab.newport.ac.uk/mg
History at Newport: http://humanities.newport.ac.uk/HIST.html
Gwent County History Association web site:
http://gwent-county-history-association.newport.ac.uk

'Rabbit is Clever', said Pooh. 'Rabbit has Brain. I suppose that's why he
never understands anything.'

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]