Print

Print


Folks, I  call DC-International members to join this movement and to
send you info.

1. Language and Country: Russian, Russia
2. Is there national standard of Simple DC in your language?: No
3. Is there de facto standard of Simple DC in your language?: No
4. Have you found translation(s) of Simple DC in your language?: Yes
5. Have you found translation(s) of DC Qualifiers in your language?: Yes

--

Best regards,

Olga Barysheva
Division of digital resources, Head
Automation Department,
The National Library of Russia,
18, Sadovaya str., St.-Petersburg,
191069 RUSSIA

> Dear All,

> As you would know Harry Wagner is soliciting volunteers to translate
> DCES and/or User Interface of the DCMI registry. The ULIS metadata
> registry [1] has descriptions of Simple DC elements in 22 languages
> at this moment.  The languages include;
>   Arabic, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Czech, Dutch, English,
>   Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese,
>   Korean, Maori, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish,
>   Thai, Ukrainian.
> And, in addition, I know there are a few more translations which
> exist but are not loaded in the ULIS registry because of some
> technological reasons, e.g. Armenian and Marathi. All of these
> descriptions except the English one were translated by volunteers,
> although some of them could be de facto standard.

> I'd like to collect information of current status of translations
> from you, subscribers of this list. I would very much appreciate
> input from you.

> Here is my questionaires:
> 1. Language and Country:
> 2. Is there national standard of Simple DC?:
> 3. Is there de facto standard translation of Simple DC?:
> 4. Have you found translation(s) of Simple DC in your language?:
> 5. Have you found translation(s) of DC Qualifiers in your language?:
> 6. comments []

> For example:
> 1. Language and Country: Japanese, Japan
> 2. Is there national standard of Simple DC in your language?: No
> 3. Is there de facto standard of Simple DC in your language?: No
> 4. Have you found translation(s) of Simple DC in your language?: Yes
> 5. Have you found translation(s) of DC Qualifiers in your language?: Yes
> 6. comments []

> Thanks in advance for your kind cooperation.

> [1] http://avalon.ulis.ac.jp/registry/
>     also see http://www.nii.ac.jp/dc2001/proceedings/product/paper-31.pdf

> -- Shigeo

> Shigeo Sugimoto
> Co-Chair, DC-Localization and Internationalization

                          mailto:[log in to unmask]